|S1227: A bill to amend the Clean Air Act to establish carbon dioxide new source performance standards for new coal-fired electric generated units [0 comments]|
- Amends the Clean Air Act to require a new coal-fired electric generating unit (including a cogeneration facility) that commences construction on or after April 26, 2007, to meet, without interruption throughout the lifetime operation of the unit, a standard of performance that, at a minimum, requires the unit to produce not more than 285 pounds of carbon dioxide per megawatt-hour for supply to the grid.
- Requires the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to revise such standard to reduce the maximum rate of carbon dioxide emissions if a reduced level is achievable through the application of the best technological system of continuous emission reduction demonstrated at the time of the revision.
- Provides that carbon dioxide that is injected into a geological formation in a manner that prevents the release of the carbon dioxide into the atmosphere shall not be counted as emissions discharged from a unit for purposes of meeting the standard.
|H1478: To amend the Morris K. Udall Scholarship and Excellence in National Environmental and Native American Public Policy Act of 1992 to provide funds for training in tribal leadership, management, and policy, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
Amends the Morris K. Udall Scholarship and Excellence in National Environment and Native American Public Policy Act of 1992 to authorize appropriations for training in tribal leadership, management, and policy.
|HR328: Expressing the condolences of the House of Representatives on the death of the Honorable Juanita Millender-McDonald, a Representative from the State of California [0 comments]|
- Expresses the condolences of the House of Representatives on the death of the Honorable Juanita Millender-McDonald, a former Representative from California.
- Declares that when the House adjourns on April 23, 2007, it stand adjourned as a further mark of respect to the memory of Representative Millender-McDonald.
|S1299: A bill to establish on behalf of consumers a fiduciary duty and other standards of care for mortgage brokers and originators, and to establish standards to assess a consumer's ability to repay, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
- Amends the Truth in Lending Act to deem a mortgage broker, in the case of a home mortgage loan, to have a fiduciary relationship with the consumer. Subjects each such mortgage broker to all federal and state requirements for fiduciaries.
- Requires each mortgage originator, in addition to the duties imposed by federal and state requirements, to act with respect to each home mortgage loan: (1) with reasonable skill, care, and diligence; and (2) in good faith and with fair dealing in any transaction, practice, or with associated course of business.
- Requires a mortgage originator, before entering into or otherwise facilitating a home mortgage loan, to verify the borrower's reasonable ability to pay the principal and interest, real estate taxes, and homeowners insurance fees and premiums. Prescribes a formula for determining ability to pay variable mortgage rates.
- [View bill for full summary]
|H1562: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend and expand certain rules with respect to housing in the GO Zones [0 comments]|
Amends the Internal Revenue Code to: (1) qualify certain buildings in the Gulf Opportunity Zone, the Rita GO Zone, and the Wilma GO Zone (GO Zones) placed in service before 2011 for a full housing tax credit if such buildings receive (or received) a state or local housing credit allocation in 2006, 2007, or 2008; (2) extend through 2010 the treatment of such GO Zones as difficult development areas eligible for an increased housing tax credit; (3) exclude the receipt of certain federal assistance in determining whether GO Zone buildings eligible for the housing tax credit are federally subsidized and therefore subject to limitations on such credit; and (4) treat qualified GO Zone repair and reconstruction loans provided prior to 2011 as qualified rehabilitation loans financed by tax-exempt bonds.
|HR26: Commending the Boise State University Broncos football team for winning the 2007 Fiesta Bowl and completing an undefeated season [0 comments]|
Commends the Boise State University Broncos football team for winning the 2007 Fiesta Bowl and congratulates them for completing an undefeated, 13-0 season.
Honors the former First Lady, Claudia Taylor (Lady Bird) Johnson and her service to the United States.
|H1294: To extend Federal recognition to the Chickahominy Indian Tribe, the Chickahominy Indian Tribe-Eastern Division, the Upper Mattaponi Tribe, the Rappahannock Tribe, Inc., the Monacan Indian Nation, and the Nansemond Indian Tribe [0 comments]|
- Thomasina E. Jordan Indian Tribes of Virginia Federal Recognition Act of 2006 - Extends Federal recognition to: (1) the Chickahominy Indian Tribe; (2) the Chickahominy Indian Tribe - Eastern Division; (3) the Upper Mattaponi Tribe; (4) the Rappahannock Tribe, Inc.; (5) the Monacan Indian Nation; and (6) the Nansemond Indian Tribe.
- Sets forth the service areas of the various Tribes and requirements for the Tribes with respect to submission of a membership roll and governing documents and the governing body of each Tribe.
- Requires the Secretary of the Interior, upon certain land transfers, to take specified lands into trust for the various Tribes' benefit.
|H2722: To restructure the Coast Guard Integrated Deepwater Program, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
- Prohibits the Secretary of the department in which the Coast Guard is operating from using a private sector entity as a lead systems integrator for future Integrated Deepwater Systems Program (Program) procurements. Directs the Secretary, subject to exception, to use full and open competition for certain Deepwater Program acquisitions. Imposes other Program requirements, including certain required contract terms, development of a life cycle cost estimate, and assignment of a separate contract officers.
- Requires the Coast Guard commandant to appoint or designate a career reserved employee as Chief Acquisition Officer for the Coast Guard to monitor Coast Guard acquisition activities, increase the use of full and open competition, and ensure the use of detailed performance specifications when performance-based contracting is used.
- Directs the Secretary to cause each cutter, other than a National Security Cutter, acquired after enactment of this Act to be classed by the American Bureau of Shipping. Requires certain other testing and certification to be done by independent third parties. Requires the Secretary to cause the first in class of a major asset acquisition of a cutter or an aircraft to be subjected to an assessment of operational capability conducted by the Secretary of the Navy.
- [View bill for full summary]
|HC164: Authorizing the use of the rotunda of the Capitol for a ceremony to award the Congressional Gold Medal to Dr. Norman E. Borlaug [0 comments]|
Authorizes the use of the Capitol rotunda on July 17, 2007, for a ceremony to award the Congressional Gold Medal to Dr. Norman E. Borlaug.
|<< Previous||Next >>|