- Directs the President to transition the mission of U.S. forces in Iraq to the following purposes: (1) conducting limited scope and duration operations against al Qaeda and other international terrorist organizations; (2) providing security for U.S. infrastructure and personnel; and (3) training and equipping Iraqi security services. Exempts such activities from the funding and redeployment provisions of this Act.
- Directs the President to begin the phased redeployment of U.S. forces from Iraq not later than 120 days after the date of enactment of this Act.
- Prohibits funds from being obligated or expended to continue the U.S. Armed Forces deployment in Iraq after March 31, 2008.
|H2276: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 203 North Main Street in Vassar, Michigan, as the "Corporal Christopher E. Esckelson Post Office Building" [0 comments]|
Designates the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 203 North Main Street in Vassar, Michigan, as the "Corporal Christopher E. Esckelson Post Office Building."
|S1518: A bill to amend the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act to reauthorize the Act, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
- Amends the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (the Act) to state as the mission of the United States Interagency Council on Homelessness to develop and coordinate the implementation of a national strategy to prevent and end homelessness while maximizing federal government contributions toward such end. Adds to the membership of such Council the Commissioner of Social Security, the U.S. Attorney General, and the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). Directs the Council to develop and submit to the President and Congress a National Strategic Plan to End Homelessness.
- Requires a collaborative applicant (a representative community homeless assistance planning body) to be established for a geographic area by its relevant parties to design a collaborative process for developing an application for homeless assistance funds. Requires the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development to make technical assistance available to such applicants.
- Directs the Secretary to make competitive grants for specified activities in community homeless assistance programs.
- [View bill for full summary]
|H1074: To provide for programs that reduce the number of unplanned pregnancies, reduce the need for abortion, help women bear healthy children, and support new parents [0 comments]|
- Requires the Secretary of Health and Human Services to make grants to provide education on preventing teen pregnancies.
- Provides for: (1) grants to prevent teen pregnancy; and (2) a national center for parents of adolescents to support parents in preventing teen pregnancy.
- Amends title XIX (Medicaid) of Social Security Act to expand coverage of family planning services.
- [View bill for full summary]
|S250: A bill to reduce the costs of prescription drugs for Medicare beneficiaries and to guarantee access to comprehensive prescription drug coverage under part D of the Medicare program, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
- Directs the Comptroller General to review and report to Congress on the retail cost of prescription drugs in the United States during 2000 through 2006, with an emphasis on the prescription drugs most utilized for individuals age 65 or older.
- Requires the Comptroller General to conduct an ongoing study that compares the average retail cost in the United States for each of the 20 most utilized prescription drugs for individuals age 65 or older with: (1) the average prices at which private health plans, the Department of Defense under the Defense Health Program, and the Department of Veterans Affairs acquire each such drug; and (2) the average negotiated price for each such drug that eligible beneficiaries have access to under a Medicare prescription drug plan providing only basic prescription drug coverage.
- Amends title XVIII (Medicare) of the Social Security Act (SSA) to include in the comparative plan information for beneficiaries under new Medicare part D (Voluntary Prescription Drug Benefit Program) a comparison of average aggregate prescription drug plan beneficiary costs and savings with such costs for a beneficiary with no prescription drug plan.
- [View bill for full summary]
|H3453: To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to repeal the Medicare competitive bidding demonstration project for clinical laboratory services [0 comments]|
- Amends title XVIII (Medicare) of the Social Security Act to repeal the mandate for a Medicare Competitive Bidding Demonstration Project for Clinical Laboratory Services.
- Amends federal civil service to subject the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services of the Department of Health and Human Services (solely with respect to its capacity to issue rules governing the Medicare part B fee schedule for clinical laboratory services) to the requirement to submit to a small business advocacy review panel for comment any proposed rule which will have a significant economic impact on a substantial number of small entities.
|H3584: To amend title XXI of the Social Security Act to extend funding for 18 months for the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), and for other purposes [0 comments]|
Amends title XXI (State Children's Health Insurance) (SCHIP) of the Social Security Act (SSA) to: (1) extend SCHIP through FY2008 and the first six months of FY2009; (2) provide additional allotments to states to address SCHIP funding shortfalls for the same period of time; and (3) authorize qualifying states to elect to receive the enhanced portion of the SCHIP matching rate for coverage of certain children under SSA title XIX (Medicaid).
|S2126: A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow individuals to defer recognition of reinvested capital gains distributions from regulated investment companies [0 comments]|
Generate Retirement Ownership Through Long-Term Holding Act of 2007 - Amends the Internal Revenue Code to provide that no gain shall be recognized on the receipt of a capital gain dividend distributed by a regulated investment company if such dividend is automatically reinvested in additional shares of the company pursuant to a dividend reinvestment plan.
|H3856: To amend the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act to guarantee the right of deployed members of the Armed Forces who are elected members of State and local legislatures to vote on matters pending before such legislatures [0 comments]|
Amends the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act to state that a person who is an elected member of a state or local legislature who is absent from the state or local area in compliance with military or naval orders shall not, solely by reason of that absence, be denied the right to vote on any pending legislative matter.
|HR772: Recognizing the American Highway Users Alliance on the occasion of its 75th anniversary, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
- Recognizes the American Highway Users Alliance on its 75th anniversary.
- Commends its many achievements and encourages it to continue its tradition of excellence in service to motorists and the transportation industry.
|<< Previous||Next >>|