|SC70: An original concurrent resolution setting forth the congressional budget for the United States Government for fiscal year 2009 and including the appropriate budgetary levels for fiscal years 2008 and 2010 through 2013 [0 comments]|
- Sets forth the congressional budget for the federal government for FY2009, including the appropriate budgetary levels for FY2008 and FY2010-FY2013.
- Lists recommended budgetary levels and amounts, for FY2008-FY2013, with respect to: (1) federal revenues; (2) new budget authority; (3) budget outlays; (4) deficits; (5) public debt; and (6) debt held by the public.
- Lists the appropriate levels of new budget authority, outlays, and administrative expenses for Social Security, U.S. Postal Service discretionary administrative expenses, and specified major functional categories for FY2008-FY2013.
- Makes it out of order to consider in the Senate any legislation that would cause: (1) a net increase in deficits in excess of $0 in any of the four consecutive ten-year periods beginning with the first fiscal year that is a decade after the budget year provided for in the most recently adopted concurrent resolution; or (2) the discretionary spending limits in this resolution to be exceeded.
- Establishes specified discretionary spending limits in the Senate.
- Provides for adjustments to discretionary spending limits, budgetary aggregates, and allocations for: (1) continuing disability reviews and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) redeterminations for the Social Security Administration (SSA); (2) Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax enforcement; (3) health care fraud and abuse control; (4) unemployment insurance improper payments reviews; (5) comparative effectiveness research at the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; (6) reducing waste in defense contracting; (7) adjustments for war costs in Iraq and Afghanistan; and (8) supplemental appropriations for FY2008, if such legislation is enacted.
- Makes it out of order to consider in the Senate any legislation that would: (1) require advanced appropriations, with a specified exception; (2) constitute changes in mandatory programs producing net costs that would have been estimated as affecting direct spending or receipts under the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985 (Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Act) were they included in legislation other than appropriations legislation.
- Makes it out of order to consider a budget resolution in the Senate unless it contains a specified debt disclosure section.
- Provides for certain deficit-neutral reserve funds for legislation for: (1) strengthening and stimulating the American economy and providing economic relief to American families; (2) improving education; (3) investing in America's infrastructure; (4) investing in clean energy, preserving the environment, and providing for certain settlements; (5) providing for America's veterans and wounded servicemembers, including a post 9/11 GI bill; (6) improving America's health; and (7) revising judicial pay and judgeships.
|View full text||
View bill history
|SC70 at GovTrack||SC70 at the Library of Congress|
No arguments for this bill have been posted yet. Be the first one!
No arguments against this bill have been posted yet. Be the first one!
CommentsNo comments have been posted yet. Be the first one!