|S1005: A bill to amend the Small Business Act to improve programs for veterans, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
- Amends the Small Business Act to: (1) authorize grants of up to $25,000 for small business assistance for members of the reserves called or ordered to active duty (reservists); (2) allow the Administrator of the Small Business Administration (SBA) to make noncollateralized small business loans to such reservists; (3) direct the Administrator to establish a loan preapproval process for small business loans to such reservists; and (4) direct the Administrator to develop an outreach and technical assistance program with respect to loans and grants made to such reservists.
- National Reservist Enterprise Transition and Sustainability Act of 2007 - Directs the Administrator to establish a program to provide business planning assistance to small businesses owned and operated by reservists.
- Authorizes SBA loans of up to $100,000 to new veteran entrepreneurs.
- Provides increased funding for FY2008-FY2010 for the SBA's Office of Veterans Business Development.
- Extends permanently the SBA's Advisory Committee on Veterans Business Affairs.
|View full text||
View bill history
|S1005 at GovTrack||S1005 at the Library of Congress|
Sen. Benjamin Cardin [D, MD]
Sen. Charles Hagel [R, NE]
Sen. Mark Pryor [D, AR]
Sen. Jon Tester [D, MT]
No arguments for this bill have been posted yet. Be the first one!
No arguments against this bill have been posted yet. Be the first one!
CommentsNo comments have been posted yet. Be the first one!