|H906: To promote and coordinate global change research, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
- Directs the President to establish an interagency committee to ensure cooperation and coordination of federal research activities pertaining to processes of global change.
- Directs the President to establish an interagency United States Global Change Research Program to improve understanding of global change and to provide periodic assessments of the vulnerability of the United States and other regions to global change.
- Directs the President to develop a National Global Change Research Plan to implement the Program, including recommendations for global change research.
- Requires the Plan to set research goals and priorities, including global measurements of physical processes contributing to changes in the Earth system as well as economic and demographic trends and how these processes and trends interact.
- Directs the President to establish an interagency climate and other global change data management working group.
- Requires the President to direct the Secretary of State to initiate discussions with other nations leading toward international protocols and other agreements to coordinate global climate change research activities.
- Directs the President to establish an Office of Global Change Research Information.
|View full text||
View bill history
|H906 at GovTrack||H906 at the Library of Congress|
No arguments for this bill have been posted yet. Be the first one!
No arguments against this bill have been posted yet. Be the first one!
CommentsNo comments have been posted yet. Be the first one!