Sen. Charles HagelRepublican
More InformationWikipedia Article
|S3187: A bill to establish a comprehensive interagency response to reduce lung cancer mortality in a timely manner [0 comments]|
|SR417: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that the United States should expand trade opportunities with Mongolia and initiate negotiations to enter into a free trade agreement with Mongolia [0 comments]|
Expresses the sense of the Senate that the United States should continue to work with Mongolia to expand bilateral trade opportunities and initiate negotiations to enter into a free trade agreement.
- Expresses the heartfelt congratulations of the Senate to the Boys Town family on the historic occasion of its 90th anniversary.
- Extends its thanks to the extraordinary Boys Town community for its important work with our Nation's children and families.
|S1599: A bill to amend the National Energy Conservation Policy Act to provide for energy-related regulatory reform, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
- Directs the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency to establish a schedule for all federal energy authorizations to: (1) ensure expeditious completion of proceedings relating to federal energy authorizations; and (2) accommodate applicable related schedules established by federal law (including regulations).
- Instructs the Chairperson of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to collaborate with the Administrator to establish a schedule for certain environmental authorizations.
- Directs the Administrator to maintain a complete consolidated record of all decisions made and all actions carried out by the Administrator or a federal or state administrative agency or officer regarding any federal energy authorization.
- [View bill for full summary]
|S1159: A bill to amend part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act to provide full Federal funding of such part [0 comments]|
- Amends the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) to reauthorize part B programs of education of all children with disabilities.
- Authorizes appropriations for part B: (1) for FY2008-FY2015 in specified amounts; and (2) for FY2016 and each fiscal year thereafter in an amount equal to the sum of the maximum amounts of the grants all states may receive under certain IDEA provisions. (Provides phased-in increases of such authorized funding.)
- Makes appropriations for part B for FY2008-FY2015, as well as for FY2016 and each fiscal year thereafter, in amounts less than the amounts this Act authorizes to be appropriated.
|S1748: A bill to prevent the Federal Communications Commission from repromulgating the fairness doctrine [0 comments]|
Amends the Communications Act of 1934 to prohibit the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), notwithstanding any other provision of any Act, from having the authority to require broadcasters to present opposing viewpoints on controversial issues of public importance, commonly referred to as the Fairness Doctrine.
Directs the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President Pro Tempore of the Senate to arrange for the presentation of a congressional gold medal to Michael Ellis DeBakey, M.D. (who performed the first successful coronary bypass, pioneered the field of telemedicine, was elected the first President of Baylor College of Medicine, and received the Presidential Medal of Freedom with Distinction and the National Medal of Science) in recognition of his many outstanding contributions to the nation.
|S698: A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to expand and enhance educational assistance for survivors and dependents of veterans [0 comments]|
- Revises provisions concerning educational assistance under the Montgomery GI Bill to terminate the 45-month limitation on: (1) the use of such assistance for eligible veterans' survivors and dependents; and (2) the use of such assistance for special restorative training. Makes survivors and dependents eligible for educational assistance until their 30th (currently 26th) birthday.
- Makes the aggregate amount of educational assistance $80,000. (Currently, there are monthly limits for full-time, three quarter-time, or half-time educational pursuit.) Includes within authorized educational pursuits in such amounts: (1) a program of apprenticeship or other on-job training; and (2) a correspondence course.
- Makes survivors and dependents eligible for tutorial assistance.
|S1716: A bill to amend the U.S. Troop Readiness, Veterans' Care, Katrina Recovery and Iraq Accountability Appropriations Act, 2007, to strike a requirement relating to forage producers [0 comments]|
Amends the U.S. Troop Readiness, Veterans' Care, Katrina Recovery, and Iraq Accountability Appropriations Act, 2007 to eliminate the requirement that forage producers must participate in the insurance pilot program or the noninsured crop disaster assistance program in order to receive crop disaster and livestock assistance.
|S1146: A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to improve health care for veterans who live in rural areas, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
- Authorizes the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to pay travel expenses for veterans receiving treatment at Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) facilities at the rate provided to federal employees in connection with the performance of official duties.
- Directs the Secretary to: (1) establish and operate at least one and up to five centers of excellence for rural health research, education, and clinical activities; (2) establish a grant program to provide innovative transportation options to veterans in remote rural areas; (3) carry out demonstration projects to examine alternatives for expanding care for veterans in rural areas; and (4) report annually to Congress on matters related to VA care for veterans residing in rural areas.