Rep. W. Todd AkinRepublican
More InformationWikipedia Article
|H5677: To amend the Tariff Act of 1930 to prohibit the importation into the United States of plastinated human remains [0 comments]|
Amends the Tariff Act of 1930 to make it unlawful for a person to import plastinated human remains into the United States. Imposes civil penalties, including forfeiture of the remains, for violation of such prohibition. Requires enforcement by the Secretary of Homeland Security.
|H2134: To establish certain requirements relating to the provision of services to minors by family planning projects under title X of the Public Health Service Act [0 comments]|
- Prohibits any funds appropriated for carrying out federal family planning programs from being made available to any family planning project if any service provider in the project knowingly provides contraceptive drugs or devices to a minor, unless: (1) such provider has given actual written notice to a custodial parent or legal guardian at least five business days prior to providing the drugs or prescription devices; (2) the minor has written consent of a parent or legal guardian; (3) the minor is emancipated; or (4) a court has directed that the minor may receive such drugs or prescription devices.
- Requires providers to certify to the Secretary of Health and Human Services compliance with this Act.
|H6023: To amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit certain forms of interference with military recruiting [0 comments]|
Amends the federal criminal code to impose criminal penalties for: (1) using force or the threat of force or physical obstruction to injure, intimidate or interfere with anyone providing federal or state military recruiting services or anyone seeking to inquire about or volunteer for military service in the active or reserve Armed Forces or the National Guard of any state; or (2) intentionally damaging or destroying facilities that house or host military recruiting services.
|HC120: Expressing the sense of Congress that the Federal government and the people of the United States should honor the spirit of volunteerism and personal growth promoted by the Congressional Award Program [0 comments]|
Calls for the government and people of the United States to honor the spirit of volunteerism and personal growth promoted by the Congressional Award Program.
|H699: To amend title 28, United States Code, with respect to the jurisdiction of Federal courts over certain cases and controversies involving the Pledge of Allegiance [0 comments]|
- Amends the federal judicial code to deny jurisdiction to any federal court, and appellate jurisdiction to the Supreme Court, to hear or decide any question pertaining to the interpretation of the Pledge of Allegiance or its validity under the Constitution.
- Makes this limitation inapplicable to: (1) any court established by Congress under its power to make needful rules and regulations respecting the territory of the United States; or (2) the Superior Court of the District of Columbia or the District of Columbia Court of Appeals.
|H866: To amend the National Labor Relations Act to ensure the right of employees to a secret-ballot election conducted by the National Labor Relations Board [0 comments]|
Amends the National Labor Relations Act to make it an unfair labor practice for: (1) an employer to recognize or bargain collectively with a labor organization that has not been selected by a majority of the employees in a secret ballot election conducted by the National Labor Relations Board; and (2) a labor organization to cause or attempt to cause an employer to recognize or bargain collectively with a representative that has not been selected in such manner.
|H2727: To extend the current moratorium for small businesses complying with section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 by 1 year [0 comments]|
- Directs the Securities and Exchange Commission to modify its regulations under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX) for annual management assessments of, and reports on, internal financial controls.
- Requires such regulations to provide that a non-accelerated filer does not have to provide management's report on internal control over financial reporting until it files an annual report for its first fiscal year ending on or after December 15, 2008 (thereby extending the current moratorium on such requirements for small businesses).
|H312: To authorize the presentation of flags at the funerals of civilian Federal employees engaged in the support of military operations who have died in combat zones in the course of their duties [0 comments]|
- Requires executive agencies to furnish a U.S. flag to drape the casket of a civilian federal employee who dies in a combat zone, upon request of the deceased's next of kin or a close associate of the deceased.
- Requires notification of federal civilian employees who are located or stationed in a combat zone to perform one or more functions in support of military operations of the flag ceremony benefit provided for under this Act.
|H506: To provide for innovation in health care through State initiatives that expand coverage and access [0 comments]|
- Requires the Secretary of Health and Human Services to establish a State Health Coverage Innovation Commission to: (1) request states to submit proposals for state health care expansion and improvement programs, which may include reform options such as tax credit approaches, expansions of public programs, or other appropriate alternatives; (2) review state applications and submit to Congress a list of state applications that the Commission recommends for approval; (3) report to the public concerning progress made by states; and (4) make recommendations to the Secretary and Congress for minimizing the negative effect of state programs on national employer groups, provider organizations, and insurers because of differing state requirements under the programs.
- Requires states to prepare and submit to the Commission a healthcare plan that has as its goal increased coverage and such additional goals as improvements in quality, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and the appropriate use of information technology.
- Sets forth rules for congressional consideration of state proposals.
- [View bill for full summary]
|H374: To make 2 percent across-the-board rescissions in non-defense, non-homeland-security discretionary spending for fiscal year 2007 [0 comments]|
Makes 2% across-the-board rescissions in non-defense, non-homeland-security discretionary spending for FY2007.