Rep. Robert AndrewsDemocrat
More InformationWikipedia Article
|HR749: Expressing support for designation of a National Animal Rescue Day to create awareness, educate, increase animal adoption, and increase financial support for animal rescues throughout the United States [0 comments]|
Expresses support for the designation of a National Animal Rescue Day to create awareness for animal rescue programs, address overpopulation through continued spaying and neutering of adopted pets, and bring Americans together to support this common goal.
|HR858: Supporting the goals and ideals of the National Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week [0 comments]|
Expresses support for: (1) the goals and ideals of National Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week; (2) increased funding for research on congenital heart defects and diseases (CHDs); and (3) the education of parents and the medical community on CHDs symptoms and the importance of newborn screenings for such symptoms.
- Amends the Davis-Bacon Act to require that any provisions of federal law that require payment of prevailing wages be construed to include the Act's debarment requirements (prohibiting for three years any award of federal contracts to persons or related firms, corporations, partnerships, or associations listed by the Comptroller General as having disregarded their obligations to employees and subcontractors under the Act).
- Requires each federal agency to make available to the public the complete payroll records (including all information in them except Social Security numbers) established under contracts subject to the Davis-Bacon Act.
|H6143: To make technical corrections to the Pension Protection Act of 2006 relating to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
|H1245: To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide coverage for kidney disease education services under the Medicare Program, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
Amends title XVIII (Medicare) of the Social Security Act to provide for Medicare coverage of kidney disease education services.
|HR300: Commending the achievements of the Rutgers University women's basketball team and applauding the character and integrity of their student-athletes [0 comments]|
Commends the performance of the Rutgers University women's basketball team in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) tournament.
Affirmation of the United States Record on the Armenian Genocide Resolution - Calls upon the President: (1) to ensure that U.S. foreign policy reflects appropriate understanding and sensitivity concerning issues related to human rights, ethnic cleansing, and genocide documented in the U.S. record relating to the Armenian Genocide and the consequences of the failure to realize a just resolution; and (2) in the President's annual message commemorating the Armenian Genocide to characterize the systematic and deliberate annihilation of 1.5 million Armenians as genocide, and to recall the proud history of U.S. intervention in opposition to the Armenian Genocide.
|H2140: To provide for a study by the National Academy of Sciences to identify the proper response of the United States to the growth of Internet gambling [0 comments]|
Requires the National Research Council of the National Academy of Sciences to conduct a comprehensive study of Internet gambling, including the existing legal framework that governs such activities and transactions and the impact of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act on Internet gambling in the United States.
- Authorizes and directs the President to execute, administer, and enforce as a matter of federal law the provisions of Executive Order 12898, dated February 11, 1994, (Federal Actions To Address Environmental Justice In Minority Populations and Low-Income Populations) with modifications: (1) defining "environmental justice" and "fair treatment"; and (2) providing that the provisions concerning judicial review shall not apply.
- Requires the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to carry out specified recommendations set forth in the following reports: (1) the EPA Inspector General's report number 2006-P-00034 entitled "EPA needs to conduct environmental justice reviews of its programs, policies and activities"; (2) the Government Accountability Office (GAO) report numbered GAO-05-289 entitled "EPA Should Devote More Attention to Environmental Justice when Developing Clean Air Rules"; and (3) the Inspector General's report number 2004-P-00007 entitled "EPA Needs to Consistently Implement the Intent of the Executive Order on Environmental Justice."
- Requires the Administrator to report semiannually to Congress on the implementation of such recommendations as well as progress on modifying emergency management procedures to incorporate environmental justice in the agency's Incident Command Structure in accordance with the December 18, 2006, letter from the Deputy Administrator to the Acting Inspector General).