Rep. Roscoe BartlettRepublican
More InformationWikipedia Article
- Amends the National Trails System Act to establish national discovery trails, which shall be extended, continuous interstate trails located so as to provide for outdoor recreation and travel and to connect representative examples of America's trails and communities.
- Authorizes the designation of such trails on Federal lands and, with the consent of the owner, on non-federal lands. Requires the appropriate Secretary for each national discovery trail to administer the trail in cooperation with a competent trailwide volunteer-based organization.
- Sets forth requirements for designation as a national discovery trail.
- [View bill for full summary]
Expresses the sense of the House of Representatives that the United States: (1) must move rapidly to increase the productivity with which it uses fossil fuel, and to accelerate the transition to renewable fuels and a sustainable, clean energy economy; and (2) should establish, in collaboration with other international allies, an energy project with the magnitude, creativity, and sense of urgency of the "Man on the Moon" project to develop a comprehensive plan to address the challenges presented by Peak Oil (the peak in the world's oil production believed by some petroleum experts likely to occur in the next decade).
- Washington-Lincoln Recognition Act of 2007 - States that (the legal public holiday) Washington's Birthday shall be referred to solely as such: (1) by all U.S. entities and officials; and (2) on all federally funded publications.
- Requests that the President issue an annual proclamation recognizing President Lincoln's birthday.
- Directs the Secretary of the military department concerned, in the case of a regular or reserve member of the Armed Forces with a combat-related disability who is entitled to monthly retired pay, to permit such member to elect an alternative retired pay rate based on $2,917, the average monthly salary for high school graduates in the United States.
- Directs the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, with respect to veterans with service-connected disabilities, to permit such veterans to elect to receive a monthly compensation of $2,917 (in the case of a service-connected disability rated as total) or a percentage of such amount (depending on the percentage rating of the disability).
|HC241: Expressing the support for the enacting of joint custody laws for fit parents, so that more children are raised with the benefits of having a father and a mother in their lives [0 comments]|
Expresses congressional support for passage by the states of joint custody laws for fit parents, so that more children are raised with the benefit of having a father and a mother in their lives, careful to protect victims of domestic violence, abuse, neglect, as well as children from potential kidnapping by a parent.
- Directs the President to establish an interagency committee to ensure cooperation and coordination of federal research activities pertaining to processes of global change.
- Directs the President to establish an interagency United States Global Change Research Program to improve understanding of global change and to provide periodic assessments of the vulnerability of the United States and other regions to global change.
- Directs the President to develop a National Global Change Research Plan to implement the Program, including recommendations for global change research.
- [View bill for full summary]
|H1458: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exclude from gross income gain on the sale or exchange of farmland development rights [0 comments]|
Amends the Internal Revenue Code to exclude from gross income gain from the sale or exchange of qualified farmland development rights to a tax-exempt conservation organization. Defines "qualified farmland development rights" as a restriction limiting farmland to use as a farm for farming purposes or for exclusively conservation purposes.
|H579: To amend title 10, United States Code, to prohibit certain increases in fees for military health care [0 comments]|
- Expresses the sense of Congress that: (1) the Department of Defense (DOD) and the nation have a committed health benefits obligation to retired military personnel that exceeds the obligation of corporate employers to civilian employees; and (2) DOD has many additional options to constrain the growth of health care spending in ways that do not disadvantage beneficiaries, and should pursue such options rather than seeking large fee increases for beneficiaries.
- Prohibits an increase after: (1) April 1, 2006, in a premium, deductible, copayment, or other charge prescribed by the Secretary of Defense for medical and dental health care coverage for military personnel; and (2) September 30, 2007, in the dollar amount of a cost-sharing requirement under the DOD pharmacy benefits program.
- Prohibits: (1) charges for DOD inpatient care from exceeding $535 per day; and (2) beginning on April 1, 2006, an increase in premiums under TRICARE (a DOD managed health care program) for certain members of the Selected Reserve.
|H866: To amend the National Labor Relations Act to ensure the right of employees to a secret-ballot election conducted by the National Labor Relations Board [0 comments]|
Amends the National Labor Relations Act to make it an unfair labor practice for: (1) an employer to recognize or bargain collectively with a labor organization that has not been selected by a majority of the employees in a secret ballot election conducted by the National Labor Relations Board; and (2) a labor organization to cause or attempt to cause an employer to recognize or bargain collectively with a representative that has not been selected in such manner.
|H2727: To extend the current moratorium for small businesses complying with section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 by 1 year [0 comments]|
- Directs the Securities and Exchange Commission to modify its regulations under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX) for annual management assessments of, and reports on, internal financial controls.
- Requires such regulations to provide that a non-accelerated filer does not have to provide management's report on internal control over financial reporting until it files an annual report for its first fiscal year ending on or after December 15, 2008 (thereby extending the current moratorium on such requirements for small businesses).