Rep. Kevin BradyRepublican
More InformationWikipedia Article
|H5269: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow additional expenses for purposes of determining the Hope Scholarship Credit, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
Amends Internal Revenue Code provisions relating to the Hope Scholarship tax credit to make certain additional expenses eligible for such credit, including room and board, employment-related expenses, and books, supplies, and equipment.
|H6368: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide for an increase in the standard mileage rates to reflect the increase in the cost of highway fuels, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
|H5162: To suspend temporarily the duty on a certain chemical used in the production of textiles [0 comments]|
Amends the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States to suspend temporarily the duty on a certain chemical used in the production of textiles.
|H5163: To suspend temporarily the duty on a certain chemical that is used for dyeing apparel home textiles [0 comments]|
Amends the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States to suspend temporarily the duty on a certain chemical that is used for dyeing apparel home textiles.
|H2617: To direct the Secretary of Education to make grants to high-need local educational agencies to establish teaching residency programs [0 comments]|
- Amends the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 to direct the Secretary of Education to make competitive, three-year, matching grants to high-need local educational agencies (LEAs) to establish and support teacher residency programs under which residents engage in rigorous master's level coursework at a college or university with which the LEA has an agreement while undertaking a guided teaching apprenticeship alongside a mentor teacher.
- Requires mentor teachers to have at least five years of teaching experience at a school in the high-need LEA and a master's degree in education or teaching.
- Requires program participants to attain full state teaching certification prior to completing the program and accept placement for at least five academic years thereafter in a school chosen by the high-need LEA.
|H866: To amend the National Labor Relations Act to ensure the right of employees to a secret-ballot election conducted by the National Labor Relations Board [0 comments]|
Amends the National Labor Relations Act to make it an unfair labor practice for: (1) an employer to recognize or bargain collectively with a labor organization that has not been selected by a majority of the employees in a secret ballot election conducted by the National Labor Relations Board; and (2) a labor organization to cause or attempt to cause an employer to recognize or bargain collectively with a representative that has not been selected in such manner.
Supports the goals and ideals of National Life Insurance Awareness Month.
|H312: To authorize the presentation of flags at the funerals of civilian Federal employees engaged in the support of military operations who have died in combat zones in the course of their duties [0 comments]|
- Requires executive agencies to furnish a U.S. flag to drape the casket of a civilian federal employee who dies in a combat zone, upon request of the deceased's next of kin or a close associate of the deceased.
- Requires notification of federal civilian employees who are located or stationed in a combat zone to perform one or more functions in support of military operations of the flag ceremony benefit provided for under this Act.
|H2818: To amend title 38, United States Code, to provide for the establishment of epilepsy centers of excellence in the Veterans Health Administration of the Department of Veterans Affairs [0 comments]|
- Directs the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to designate, establish, and operate at least six Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) health-care facilities as locations for epilepsy centers of excellence. Requires the Under Secretary for Health of the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) to establish a peer review panel to assess the scientific and clinical merit of proposals for the designation of such centers.
- Requires a VHA national coordinator for epilepsy programs to: (1) supervise the operation of the centers; (2) coordinate and support throughout the VA health-care system better access to diagnosis, research, care, and education for epilepsy and traumatic brain injury; and (3) conduct regular evaluations of the centers.