Rep. Donna ChristensenDemocrat
More InformationWikipedia Article
Authorizes the Secretary of the Interior to carry out a study to determine the suitability and feasibility of designating the U.S. Virgin Islands Military and Veterans Memorial, to be located on ten acres in Fredericksted, St.Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands, as a unit of the National Park System.
|H59: To convey certain submerged lands to the Government of the Virgin Islands, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
- Conveys to the U.S. Virgin Islands specified submerged lands in the area between the island of Saint Croix and the islands of Saint Thomas and Saint John.
- States that for purposes of U.S. laws, except as otherwise provided by international law or international agreement in force for the United States, the U.S. Virgin Islands' territorial waters shall extend 12 miles seaward from the line of ordinary low water along that portion of the coast which is in direct contact with the open sea and the line marking the seaward limit of inland waters.
|H4858: To amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to authorize the shipment of prescription drugs between the States and the Virgin Islands [0 comments]|
Amends the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to exempt prescription drugs that have been shipped directly from a state to the U.S. Virgin Islands from restrictions on importation of exported drugs.
|H57: To repeal certain sections of the Act of May 26, 1936, pertaining to the Virgin Islands [0 comments]|
Repeals specified provisions pertaining to real property taxation in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Deems such amendment to have taken effect on July 22, 1954.
|H3079: To amend the joint resolution that approved the covenant establishing the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
- Extends U.S. immigration laws, as defined by the Immigration and Nationality Act, to the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, subject to a transition period through December 31, 2017.
- Northern Mariana Islands Delegate Act - States that: (1) the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands shall be represented in the U.S. Congress by the Resident Representative to the United States (authorized by the Covenant to Establish a Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands in Political Union With the United States of America); and (2) the Resident Representative shall be a nonvoting Delegate to the House of Representatives and elected as provided for by this Act.
Establishes the Commission to Study Reparation Proposals for African Americans to examine slavery and discrimination in the colonies and the United States from 1619 to the present and recommend appropriate remedies.
|H1190: To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to preserve access to community cancer care by Medicare beneficiaries [0 comments]|
- Amends title XVIII (Medicare) of the Social Security Act to require determination and calculation of the manufacturer's average sales price for a drug or biological on a monthly instead of a quarterly basis. Requires the payment amounts to be updated and applied by the Secretary of Health and Human Services based on the manufacturer's average sales price for the drug or biological calculated for the most recent month for which data are available. Removes prompt pay discounts from the calculation of such price.
- Provides for an increase in the Medicare part B (Supplementary Medical Insurance) payment for chemotherapy administration services.
- Directs the Secretary to make an additional 2% for any drug administration services payment to physicians, taking into account pharmacy facilities management costs.
- [View bill for full summary]
Declares that the House of Representatives: (1) recognizes that African American spirituals are a poignant and powerful genre of music that have become one of the most significant segments of American music in existence; (2) expresses the deepest gratitude, recognition, and honor to the former enslaved Africans in the United States for their gifts to our Nation, including their original music and oral history; and (3) requests that the President issue a proclamation that reflects on the important contribution of African American spirituals to American history, and naming the African American spiritual a national treasure.
|HR130: Congratulating the National Football League champion Indianapolis Colts for winning Super Bowl XLI and for bringing the City of Indianapolis and the State of Indiana their first Lombardi Trophy [0 comments]|
Congratulates the National Football League champion Indianapolis Colts for winning Super Bowl XLI and for bringing the city of Indianapolis and the state of Indiana their first Lombardi Trophy.
|H566: To waive the time limitations specified by law for the award of certain military decorations in order to allow the posthumous award of the Medal of Honor to Doris Miller for actions while a member of the Navy during World War II [0 comments]|
Waives certain time limitations with respect to the posthumous award of the Medal of Honor to Doris Miller for acts of heroism during World War II as a member of the United States Navy.