Rep. Barbara CubinRepublican
More InformationWikipedia Article
|H754: To designate the National Museum of Wildlife Art, located at 2820 Rungius Road, Jackson, Wyoming, as the National Museum of Wildlife Art of the United States [0 comments]|
Designates the National Museum of Wildlife Art located at 2820 Rungius Road, Jackson, Wyoming as the "National Museum of Wildlife Art of the United States."
Amends the Communications Act of 1934 to make federal provisions which prohibit the obligation or expenditure of funds either in excess of appropriated amounts or in violation of sequestration orders under the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1986 inapplicable to: (1) any amount collected or received as federal universal service contributions; or (2) the expenditure or obligation of amounts attributable to such contributions.
|H4879: To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to include screening computed tomography colonography as a colorectal screening test for purposes of coverage under the Medicare Program, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
Amends title XVIII (Medicare) of the Social Security Act to: (1) provide Medicare coverage for screening computed tomography as a colorectal screening test; and (2) exclude screening computed tomography colonography from the meaning of "imaging services" for which there is a special rule regarding outpatient services department (OPD) fee schedule payments.
|HR454: Expressing the condolences of the House of Representatives on the death of the Honorable Craig Thomas, a Senator from the State of Wyoming [0 comments]|
- Expresses the condolences of the House of Representatives on the death of the Honorable Craig Thomas, a former Senator from Wyoming.
- Declares that when the House adjourns on June 5, 2007, it stand adjourned as a further mark of respect to the memory of Senator Thomas.
|H2279: To expedite the construction of new refining capacity on closed military installations in the United States, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
- Requires the President to designate not less than three closed military installations or portions thereof that are appropriate for siting a refinery for gasoline or other fuel.
- Designates the Department of Energy as the lead agency for coordinating applicable federal refinery authorizations and related environmental reviews with respect to a designated refinery.
- Gives the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia exclusive jurisdiction over civil actions relating to federal refinery authorizations.
|H866: To amend the National Labor Relations Act to ensure the right of employees to a secret-ballot election conducted by the National Labor Relations Board [0 comments]|
Amends the National Labor Relations Act to make it an unfair labor practice for: (1) an employer to recognize or bargain collectively with a labor organization that has not been selected by a majority of the employees in a secret ballot election conducted by the National Labor Relations Board; and (2) a labor organization to cause or attempt to cause an employer to recognize or bargain collectively with a representative that has not been selected in such manner.
|H2727: To extend the current moratorium for small businesses complying with section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 by 1 year [0 comments]|
- Directs the Securities and Exchange Commission to modify its regulations under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX) for annual management assessments of, and reports on, internal financial controls.
- Requires such regulations to provide that a non-accelerated filer does not have to provide management's report on internal control over financial reporting until it files an annual report for its first fiscal year ending on or after December 15, 2008 (thereby extending the current moratorium on such requirements for small businesses).
Supports the goals and ideals of National Life Insurance Awareness Month.
|H1818: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide for the expensing of broadband Internet access expenditures, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
- Amends the Internal Revenue Code to permit taxpayers to elect to expense (i.e., deduct all expenses in the current taxable year) qualified broadband expenditures, including installation and connection costs for subscribers in rural or underserved areas.
- Permits mutual or cooperative telephone companies to elect to reduce their unrelated business taxable income in any year by the amount of their qualified broadband expenditures.
- Directs the Secretary of the Treasury to: (1) designate census tracts identifying rural and underserved areas under this Act; and (2) prescribe regulations for carrying out the purposes of this Act. Prohibits federal or state agencies from adopting regulations and ratemaking procedures that would eliminate or reduce the broadband expense deduction provided by this Act.