Rep. E. Scott GarrettRepublican
More InformationWikipedia Article
|H1085: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exclude combat zone compensation of members of the Armed Forces from employment taxes [0 comments]|
Amends the Internal Revenue Code to exempt from employment taxes combat zone compensation of members of the Armed Forces which is excludable from gross income. Appropriates amounts to cover Social Security trust fund deficits resulting from such tax exemption.
Amends the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States to suspend temporarily the duty on Bismuth Subsalicylate.
Amends the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States to suspend temporarily the duty on Acetoacetamide.
Amends the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States to suspend temporarily the duty on 5-Ethyl-2-methylpyridine.
Amends the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States to suspend temporarily the duty on squaric acid.
|H2279: To expedite the construction of new refining capacity on closed military installations in the United States, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
- Requires the President to designate not less than three closed military installations or portions thereof that are appropriate for siting a refinery for gasoline or other fuel.
- Designates the Department of Energy as the lead agency for coordinating applicable federal refinery authorizations and related environmental reviews with respect to a designated refinery.
- Gives the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia exclusive jurisdiction over civil actions relating to federal refinery authorizations.
|HR300: Commending the achievements of the Rutgers University women's basketball team and applauding the character and integrity of their student-athletes [0 comments]|
Commends the performance of the Rutgers University women's basketball team in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) tournament.
|H866: To amend the National Labor Relations Act to ensure the right of employees to a secret-ballot election conducted by the National Labor Relations Board [0 comments]|
Amends the National Labor Relations Act to make it an unfair labor practice for: (1) an employer to recognize or bargain collectively with a labor organization that has not been selected by a majority of the employees in a secret ballot election conducted by the National Labor Relations Board; and (2) a labor organization to cause or attempt to cause an employer to recognize or bargain collectively with a representative that has not been selected in such manner.
Affirmation of the United States Record on the Armenian Genocide Resolution - Calls upon the President: (1) to ensure that U.S. foreign policy reflects appropriate understanding and sensitivity concerning issues related to human rights, ethnic cleansing, and genocide documented in the U.S. record relating to the Armenian Genocide and the consequences of the failure to realize a just resolution; and (2) in the President's annual message commemorating the Armenian Genocide to characterize the systematic and deliberate annihilation of 1.5 million Armenians as genocide, and to recall the proud history of U.S. intervention in opposition to the Armenian Genocide.
- Amends title XVIII (Medicare) of the Social Security Act to provide for facilitating the use of private contracts under Medicare.
- Declares that no persons otherwise eligible for old-age benefits under Social Security shall be denied such benefits because of their voluntary refusal to participate in any part of the Medicare program.