Rep. Walter HergerRepublican
More InformationWikipedia Article
- Amends Public Law 89-336 (relating to the establishment of the Whiskeytown-Shasta Trinity National Recreation Area in California) to set forth a special rule for the retention and use of amounts collected in connection with the issuance of a special use permit for the establishment or operation of a marina in such Area.
- Amends Public Law 99-663 (relating to the establishment of the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area in Oregon and Washington) to set forth a special rule for the retention and use of amounts collected in connection with the issuance of a special use permit for the operation of the Multnomah Falls Lodge in such Area.
|H5294: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the additional 0.2 percent FUTA surtax [0 comments]|
Amends the Internal Revenue Code to repeal the 6.2% federal unemployment tax rate for calendar years 1988 through 2008 and apply the 6.0% rate.
|H1241: To establish the Sacramento River National Recreation Area consisting of certain public lands administered by the Bureau of Land Management in Tehama and Shasta Counties, California, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
Establishes the Sacramento River National Recreation Area in California, consisting of specified public land in Tehama and Shasta Counties. Requires the development of a a management plan for such Area to: (1) enhance managed recreational opportunities, including hiking, camping, mountain biking, picnicking, wildlife viewing hunting, fishing, swimming, and boating; and (2) promote local economic development through recreation.
Amends the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States to suspend temporarily the duty on certain musical instruments.
Amends the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States to suspend temporarily the duty on certain compasses.
|H866: To amend the National Labor Relations Act to ensure the right of employees to a secret-ballot election conducted by the National Labor Relations Board [0 comments]|
Amends the National Labor Relations Act to make it an unfair labor practice for: (1) an employer to recognize or bargain collectively with a labor organization that has not been selected by a majority of the employees in a secret ballot election conducted by the National Labor Relations Board; and (2) a labor organization to cause or attempt to cause an employer to recognize or bargain collectively with a representative that has not been selected in such manner.
Affirmation of the United States Record on the Armenian Genocide Resolution - Calls upon the President: (1) to ensure that U.S. foreign policy reflects appropriate understanding and sensitivity concerning issues related to human rights, ethnic cleansing, and genocide documented in the U.S. record relating to the Armenian Genocide and the consequences of the failure to realize a just resolution; and (2) in the President's annual message commemorating the Armenian Genocide to characterize the systematic and deliberate annihilation of 1.5 million Armenians as genocide, and to recall the proud history of U.S. intervention in opposition to the Armenian Genocide.
|H2727: To extend the current moratorium for small businesses complying with section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 by 1 year [0 comments]|
- Directs the Securities and Exchange Commission to modify its regulations under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX) for annual management assessments of, and reports on, internal financial controls.
- Requires such regulations to provide that a non-accelerated filer does not have to provide management's report on internal control over financial reporting until it files an annual report for its first fiscal year ending on or after December 15, 2008 (thereby extending the current moratorium on such requirements for small businesses).
|H2549: To amend section 1862 of the Social Security Act with respect to the application of Medicare secondary payer rules to workers' compensation settlement agreements and Medicare set-asides under such agreements [0 comments]|
Amends title XVIII (Medicare) of the Social Security Act to: (1) create an exception to Medicare secondary payer requirements for certain workers' compensation settlement agreements; and (2) provide for the satisfaction of such requirements through use of qualified Medicare set-asides under workers' compensation settlement agreements.
|H1818: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide for the expensing of broadband Internet access expenditures, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
- Amends the Internal Revenue Code to permit taxpayers to elect to expense (i.e., deduct all expenses in the current taxable year) qualified broadband expenditures, including installation and connection costs for subscribers in rural or underserved areas.
- Permits mutual or cooperative telephone companies to elect to reduce their unrelated business taxable income in any year by the amount of their qualified broadband expenditures.
- Directs the Secretary of the Treasury to: (1) designate census tracts identifying rural and underserved areas under this Act; and (2) prescribe regulations for carrying out the purposes of this Act. Prohibits federal or state agencies from adopting regulations and ratemaking procedures that would eliminate or reduce the broadband expense deduction provided by this Act.