Rep. Devin NunesRepublican
More InformationWikipedia Article
- Directs the Secretary of the Interior, acting through the Bureau of Reclamation, not later than the latter of two years after funds are appropriated or the signing of a reserved water rights settlement agreement by the Tule River Tribe and other settling water users, to complete a feasibility study to evaluate alternatives for a domestic, commercial, municipal, industrial, and irrigation water supply for the Tule River Tribe of the Tule River Reservation.
- Prohibits any project conducted in relation to that study from providing water supplies for any other Tribal casino, except: (1) the casino in its current form and dimensions operated by the Tribe on the Tule River Reservation; and (2) any lodging, dining, entertainment, meeting space, parking, or other similar facilities which may be constructed in the future in support of current, or any future expansion of, on-Reservation gaming activities.
|H2305: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide a five-year applicable recovery period for depreciation of qualified energy management devices [0 comments]|
Amends the Internal Revenue Code to assign a five-year recovery period for depreciation of qualified energy management devices placed in service by a supplier of electric energy or a provider of electric energy services. Defines an "energy management device" as any time-based meter and related communication equipment used to measure and record electricity usage data on a time-differentiated basis in at least 24 separate time segments per day.
|H1706: To provide for assistance to United States exporters of certain fruits and vegetables in order to ensure better access to foreign markets [0 comments]|
- Amends the Agricultural Risk Protection Act of 2000 to authorize the Secretary of Agriculture to regulate plants, plant products, biological control organisms, and noxious weeds for export purposes.
- Directs the Secretary to: (1) coordinate fruit and vegetable market analyses with the private sector and the Administrator of the Foreign Agricultural Service; and (2) make publicly available on an Internet website the status of all export petitions and an explanation of the sanitary or phytosanitary issues associated with each pending export petition, and information on the import requirements of foreign countries for fruits and vegetables.
- Amends the Homeland Security Act to repeal the transfer of agricultural import and entry inspection functions from the Department of Agriculture to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- [View bill for full summary]
Instructs the Secretary of the Treasury to auction to the public, from time to time, coal-to-liquid fuel put option contracts having expiration dates of five years, 10 years, 15 years, or 20 years.
Affirmation of the United States Record on the Armenian Genocide Resolution - Calls upon the President: (1) to ensure that U.S. foreign policy reflects appropriate understanding and sensitivity concerning issues related to human rights, ethnic cleansing, and genocide documented in the U.S. record relating to the Armenian Genocide and the consequences of the failure to realize a just resolution; and (2) in the President's annual message commemorating the Armenian Genocide to characterize the systematic and deliberate annihilation of 1.5 million Armenians as genocide, and to recall the proud history of U.S. intervention in opposition to the Armenian Genocide.
|H2578: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend and expand the benefits for businesses operating in empowerment zones, enterprise communities, or renewal communities, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
Amends Internal Revenue Code provisions relating to tax-preferred empowerment zones, rural enterprise communities, and renewal communities to: (1) extend the period of designation for such areas through 2015; (2) provide a safe harbor standard for employee residency requirements in empowerment zones; (3) eliminate certain residency requirements for the empowerment zone employment tax credit; (4) grant authority to expand the boundaries of empowerment zones and enterprise communities, including those located in rural areas; (5) allow carryovers of unused expensing allowances for enterprise zone businesses; (6) allow certain empowerment zone businesses to elect to receive payments in lieu of tax benefits; (7) allow federal guarantees and tax exemptions for enterprise zones and renewal communities; and (8) allow the issuance of tax-exempt rural enterprise community bonds.
|H1400: To enhance United States diplomatic efforts with respect to Iran by imposing additional economic sanctions against Iran, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
- States that nothing in this Act shall be construed as authorizing the use of force or the use of the U.S. Armed Forces against Iran.
- Subjects, with respect to prohibited transactions with Iran, a parent company to penalties for violations committed by certain subsidiaries outside the United States that would be subject to prohibitions if committed inside the United States or by a U.S. person.
- Establishes specified additional import and export sanctions against Iran.
- [View bill for full summary]
- States that U.S. sanctions, controls, and regulations relating to Syria shall remain in effect until the President certifies that Syria has ceased support for terrorism, has dismantled biological, chemical, or nuclear weapons programs and has committed to combat their proliferation, respects the boundaries and sovereignty of all neighboring countries, and upholds human rights and civil liberties.
- Imposes specified trade, assistance, and military sanctions, as appropriate, on persons or countries that transfer goods or technology so as to contribute to Syria's biological, chemical, nuclear, or advanced conventional weapons programs.
- Imposes specified sanctions aimed at Syria's energy sector.
- [View bill for full summary]
|H1000: To award a congressional gold medal to Edward William Brooke III in recognition of his unprecedented and enduring service to our Nation [0 comments]|
Awards a congressional gold medal to Edward William Brooke III, the first African American elected by popular vote to the U.S. Senate, in recognition of his unprecedented and enduring service to our Nation.