Rep. Brian BilbrayRepublican
More InformationWikipedia Article
|H3613: To amend the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 to make improvements relating to students with disabilities [0 comments]|
Amends the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 to require both the participation and performance of disabled children using reasonable accommodations, or the modifications they regularly use in daily classroom instruction as documented in their individualized education program or their plan under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, to be counted in determinations as to whether local educational agencies and schools are making adequate yearly progress (AYP) toward state academic performance standards.
Amends the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States to reduce the duty on golf club driver heads.
|H1733: To prohibit the inclusion of earmarks in conference reports that were not in the House- or Senate-passed bills [0 comments]|
- Allows a point of order to be made by any Member in the House of Representatives or the Senate against consideration of a conference report that includes any earmark or tax earmark not committed to conference by either chamber.
- Defines "tax earmark" as any revenue-losing provision that provides a federal tax deduction, credit, exclusion, or preference to only one beneficiary (determined with respect to either present law or any provision of which the provision is a part) under the Internal Revenue Code in any year for which the provision is in effect.
Authorizes the Secretary of the Treasury to provide with respect to the California wildfires of October 2007 tax treatment of employer leave-based donation programs similar to the tax treatment provided for such programs after Hurricane Katrina by Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Notice 2005-68 (i.e., cash payments by employers to charitable organizations for disaster relief purposes in exchange for foregone employee leave is not taxed as income to participating employees and is deductible by employers as a necessary business expense.)
Amends the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States to suspend temporarily the duty on certain cathode ray tubes.
Affirmation of the United States Record on the Armenian Genocide Resolution - Calls upon the President: (1) to ensure that U.S. foreign policy reflects appropriate understanding and sensitivity concerning issues related to human rights, ethnic cleansing, and genocide documented in the U.S. record relating to the Armenian Genocide and the consequences of the failure to realize a just resolution; and (2) in the President's annual message commemorating the Armenian Genocide to characterize the systematic and deliberate annihilation of 1.5 million Armenians as genocide, and to recall the proud history of U.S. intervention in opposition to the Armenian Genocide.
|H2727: To extend the current moratorium for small businesses complying with section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 by 1 year [0 comments]|
- Directs the Securities and Exchange Commission to modify its regulations under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX) for annual management assessments of, and reports on, internal financial controls.
- Requires such regulations to provide that a non-accelerated filer does not have to provide management's report on internal control over financial reporting until it files an annual report for its first fiscal year ending on or after December 15, 2008 (thereby extending the current moratorium on such requirements for small businesses).
Establishes the House Select Committee on POW and MIA Affairs.
|H1400: To enhance United States diplomatic efforts with respect to Iran by imposing additional economic sanctions against Iran, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
- States that nothing in this Act shall be construed as authorizing the use of force or the use of the U.S. Armed Forces against Iran.
- Subjects, with respect to prohibited transactions with Iran, a parent company to penalties for violations committed by certain subsidiaries outside the United States that would be subject to prohibitions if committed inside the United States or by a U.S. person.
- Establishes specified additional import and export sanctions against Iran.
- [View bill for full summary]
|H138: To require an employer to take action after receiving official notice that an individual's Social Security account number does not match the individual's name, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
- Directs the Commissioner of the Social Security Administration to notify a person or entity each time that the combination of name and Social Security account number it has submitted for an individual does not match Social Security Administration records.
- Directs the Secretary of Homeland Security (HS) to notify a person or entity each time that: (1) an immigration status or employment authorization document presented or referenced by an individual during the employment eligibility verification process was assigned to another person; or (2) there is no agency record that the document was assigned to any person.
- Directs the HS Secretary to establish a system, meeting specified requirements, for verifying an individual's identity and employment eligibility. Requires any person or entity that has received a discrepancy notice under this Act to verify the individual's employment authorization and identity through such system.
- [View bill for full summary]