Rep. Melissa BeanDemocrat
More InformationWikipedia Article
Requires the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to carry out a nationwide program to increase public awareness and education regarding Internet safety. Requires that the program use existing resources and efforts of all levels of government and other appropriate entities. Includes in the program activities relating to best practices, a national outreach and education campaign, and information access and exchange.
|H4706: To provide for the reliquidation of certain drawback claims relating to certain speakers [0 comments]|
Directs the U.S. Customs and Border Protection to reliquidate certain drawback claims with respect to certain entries of speakers into the United States and pay any amounts owed due to such reliquidation.
Supports the goals and ideals of recognizing National Internet Safety Month.
- Voting Record Transparency Resolution - Requires the Clerk of the House of Representatives to post on the public Internet site of the Office of the Clerk a record, organized by Member name, of the recorded votes of each Member (including each Delegate or Resident Commissioner) taken in the House, including the roll, date, issue, question, result, and title or description of the vote, and any cost estimate of the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) related to the vote.
- Requires each Member of the House who maintains an official public Internet site using amounts from the Members' Representation Allowance to provide a clearly presented electronic link on the site to his or her individual recorded vote information.
|H3894: To amend the Truth in Lending Act to establish requirements for providing negatively amortizing mortgage loans to first-time borrowers, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
- Amends the Truth in Lending Act to require a lender to make specified prior disclosures to a first-time borrower in connection with a consumer credit transaction secured by residential real property with a dwelling, other than a reverse mortgage, where the payment plan may result in negative amortization over the term of the loan.
- Requires the consumer debtor to provide the creditor with documentation that the consumer received home ownership counseling from organizations or counselors certified by the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.
- Amends the Social Security Act (SSA) to establish an Elder Justice program under title XX (Block Grants to States for Social Services).
- Establishes within the Office of the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) an Elder Justice Coordinating Council (EJCC).
- Establishes the Advisory Board on Elder Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation.
- [View bill for full summary]
|H1100: To revise the boundary of the Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site in the State of North Carolina, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
- Authorizes the Secretary of the Interior to acquire from willing sellers not more than 115 acres of land (including any improvements to the land) or interest (including conservation easements) in land contiguous to the Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site for inclusion in the Site.
- Permits up to five acres of such acquired land to be used for: (1) a visitor and education center; and (2) a visitor parking area.
- Instructs the Secretary, upon the acquisition of any land or interest in land under this Act, to revise the boundary of the Site to reflect the acquisition. Requires any land acquired under this Act to be administered by the Secretary as part of the Site.
- Congratulates Chicago on securing the bid to represent the United States in the international competition to host the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Encourages the International Olympic Committee to select Chicago as the site of the Games.
Affirmation of the United States Record on the Armenian Genocide Resolution - Calls upon the President: (1) to ensure that U.S. foreign policy reflects appropriate understanding and sensitivity concerning issues related to human rights, ethnic cleansing, and genocide documented in the U.S. record relating to the Armenian Genocide and the consequences of the failure to realize a just resolution; and (2) in the President's annual message commemorating the Armenian Genocide to characterize the systematic and deliberate annihilation of 1.5 million Armenians as genocide, and to recall the proud history of U.S. intervention in opposition to the Armenian Genocide.
Supports the goals and ideals of National Life Insurance Awareness Month.