Rep. John CampbellRepublican
More InformationWikipedia Article
|H1077: To amend the Internet Tax Freedom Act to make permanent the moratorium on certain taxes relating to the Internet and to electronic commerce [0 comments]|
- Amends the Internet Tax Freedom Act to make permanent the ban on state and local taxation of Internet access and on multiple or discriminatory taxes on electronic commerce.
- Repeals provisions permitting states with Internet tax laws enacted prior to the ban on Internet taxes to continue enforcing such laws.
|H991: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow individuals eligible for veterans health benefits to contribute to health savings accounts [0 comments]|
Amends the Internal Revenue Code to provide that individual taxpayers who receive Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) periodic health care or medical services shall not be disqualified from making tax deductible contributions to health savings accounts.
|HJ81: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to control spending [0 comments]|
- Prohibits outlays for any fiscal year (except for repayment of debt principal) from exceeding an amount that would cause outlays to have increased by a rate that exceeds growth in the U.S. economy over the period since 2007, unless Congress, by a two-thirds roll call vote of each chamber, authorizes a specific increase of outlays above this amount.
- Directs the President, before each fiscal year, to transmit to Congress a proposed budget for such fiscal year and all ensuing fiscal years covered by it, in which total outlays do not exceed the outlays from the previous year after taking into account an increase to reflect such average growth.
- Authorizes a waiver of these provisions when a declaration of war is in effect.
- Requires the Secretary of the Interior, acting through the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to notify certain local governments: (1) within 60 days after a petition is filed requesting that a tribe be recognized, acknowledged, or reacknowledged as a federally recognized Indian tribe; (2) within 30 days after enactment of this Act regarding pending petitions; and (3) 90 days before a decision on a petition will be announced.
- Describes a local government to be notified as a local city, parish, or county government located within a 25-mile radius of land that would be taken into trust for or transferred to, or for which jurisdiction would be given to, the tribe pursuant to the petition.
|HR511: Congratulating the men's volleyball team of the University of California, Irvine, for winning the 2007 NCAA Division I Men's Volleyball National Championship [0 comments]|
Congratulates the men's volleyball team of the University of California, Irvine, for winning the 2007 NCAA Division I Men's Volleyball National Championship.
|HR379: A resolution congratulating Nicolas Sarkozy on his election to the presidency of France and welcoming President Sarkozy on the occasion of his appearance before a Joint Meeting of Congress [0 comments]|
Congratulates Mr. Nicolas Sarkozy on his election to become the next President of France.
|H866: To amend the National Labor Relations Act to ensure the right of employees to a secret-ballot election conducted by the National Labor Relations Board [0 comments]|
Amends the National Labor Relations Act to make it an unfair labor practice for: (1) an employer to recognize or bargain collectively with a labor organization that has not been selected by a majority of the employees in a secret ballot election conducted by the National Labor Relations Board; and (2) a labor organization to cause or attempt to cause an employer to recognize or bargain collectively with a representative that has not been selected in such manner.
Affirmation of the United States Record on the Armenian Genocide Resolution - Calls upon the President: (1) to ensure that U.S. foreign policy reflects appropriate understanding and sensitivity concerning issues related to human rights, ethnic cleansing, and genocide documented in the U.S. record relating to the Armenian Genocide and the consequences of the failure to realize a just resolution; and (2) in the President's annual message commemorating the Armenian Genocide to characterize the systematic and deliberate annihilation of 1.5 million Armenians as genocide, and to recall the proud history of U.S. intervention in opposition to the Armenian Genocide.
|H1175: To amend the Reclamation Wastewater and Groundwater Study and Facilities Act to increase the ceiling on the Federal share of the costs of phase I of the Orange County, California, Regional Water Reclamation Project [0 comments]|
Amends the Reclamation Wastewater and Groundwater Study and Facilities Act to specify the ceiling on the federal share of the costs of phase I of the Orange County, California, Regional Water Reclamation Project for FY2007-FY2016.
|H2727: To extend the current moratorium for small businesses complying with section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 by 1 year [0 comments]|
- Directs the Securities and Exchange Commission to modify its regulations under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX) for annual management assessments of, and reports on, internal financial controls.
- Requires such regulations to provide that a non-accelerated filer does not have to provide management's report on internal control over financial reporting until it files an annual report for its first fiscal year ending on or after December 15, 2008 (thereby extending the current moratorium on such requirements for small businesses).