Sen. Jon TesterDemocrat
More InformationWikipedia Article
- Amends the Federal Crop Insurance Act to establish a crop insurance pilot program for experimental biofuel crops (nonpetroleum fuel source or nonpetroleum lubricant use).
- Amends the Farm Security and Reinvestment Act to: (1) direct the Secretary of Agriculture to provide loans and loan guarantees to producers of experimental biofuel crops; and (2) authorize the Secretary to make grants to research facilities and institutions of higher education for studies of such crops as animal feed and research on harvesting and planting techniques for such crops.
|S2485: A bill to amend the Public Health Service Act to provide for the participation of physical therapists in the National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
Amends the Public Health Service Act to: (1) include physical therapy within the definition of "primary health services"; and (2) make physical therapists eligible for the National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program (to assure an adequate supply of physical therapists among other health professionals).
|S1976: A bill to amend the Food Security Act of 1985 to include a provision on organic conversion in the environmental quality incentives program [0 comments]|
Amends the Food Security Act of 1985 to establish a program under the environmental quality incentives program to provide eligible producers with cost-share and incentive payments to promote conservation practices for production systems converting to organic production.
|S1931: A bill to amend the Mineral Leasing Act to ensure that development of certain Federal oil and gas resources will occur in a manner that protects water resources and respects the rights of surface owners, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
- Amends the Mineral Leasing Act to require an operator producing oil or gas (including coalbed methane) under a federal lease to: (1) replace the water supply of a water user who obtains all or part of it from an underground or surface source affected by contamination, diminution, or interruption proximately resulting from such drilling operations; and (2) comply with federal and state law governing discharge of water produced under the lease.
- Prohibits the Secretary of the Interior from authorizing exploration and drilling operations on land with respect to which title to oil and gas resources is held by the United States but not the title to the surface estate, unless the operator has filed a document with the Secretary, signed by the operator and surface owners, that a written surface use agreement has been consummated meeting certain criteria.
- Cites conditions under which the Secretary may authorize an operator to conduct exploration and drilling operations in the absence of such an agreement.
- [View bill for full summary]
|S1451: A bill to encourage the development of coordinated quality reforms to improve health care delivery and reduce the cost of care in the health care system [0 comments]|
- Requires the Secretary of Health and Human Services to award quality reform grants to eligible entities to enhance, encourage, and expedite implementation of quality reform plans in order to: (1) encourage the coordinated development of local health care quality reforms; (2) fund the development of practices beneficial to the health care system; (3) expand information technology, electronic health records, and interoperable data systems in the health care system; (4) develop reimbursement practices that align financial incentives with health and prevention reforms to identify and encourage best practices; (5) lower the costs of health care delivery; (6) encourage experimentation in different U.S. regions; and (7) reward cooperation among local entities engaged in reforming the health care system.
- Requires the Secretary to establish the Quality Reform Committee, which shall: (1) approve the application of an eligible entity and recommend to the Secretary that a grant be awarded; (2) evaluate and exchange best practices related to activities carried out under the grant; (3) share research and expertise; and (4) study, identify, and report on market failures and anomalies that create economic incentives adverse to achievement of the goals of quality reform, cost reduction, health information technology expansion, and illness prevention.
Directs the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President Pro Tempore of the Senate to arrange for the presentation of a congressional gold medal to Michael Ellis DeBakey, M.D. (who performed the first successful coronary bypass, pioneered the field of telemedicine, was elected the first President of Baylor College of Medicine, and received the Presidential Medal of Freedom with Distinction and the National Medal of Science) in recognition of his many outstanding contributions to the nation.
Requires that, whenever there is an increase in benefit amounts payable under title II (Old Age, Survivors and Disability Insurance) of the Social Security Act, the Secretary of Veterans Affairs shall increase by the same percentage the amounts payable as veterans' disability compensation, additional compensation for dependents, the clothing allowance for certain disabled adult children, and dependency and indemnity compensation for surviving spouses and children.
|S388: A bill to amend title 18, United States Code, to provide a national standard in accordance with which nonresidents of a State may carry concealed firearms in the State [0 comments]|
Amends the federal criminal code to authorize a nonresident of a state to carry concealed firearms (other than a machinegun or destructive device) in that state if such nonresident has a valid permit to carry firearms in any state and is not prohibited from carrying a firearm under federal law, subject to restrictions imposed by the state issuing the permit or under this Act.
|S1716: A bill to amend the U.S. Troop Readiness, Veterans' Care, Katrina Recovery and Iraq Accountability Appropriations Act, 2007, to strike a requirement relating to forage producers [0 comments]|
Amends the U.S. Troop Readiness, Veterans' Care, Katrina Recovery, and Iraq Accountability Appropriations Act, 2007 to eliminate the requirement that forage producers must participate in the insurance pilot program or the noninsured crop disaster assistance program in order to receive crop disaster and livestock assistance.